Reviews by angora
These reviews are presented not just in the interests of sharing information, but also so that I remember where to find the good stuff and won't keep repeating the same mistakes. =:3
- Guess my current favourite grape, win a prize!
- House of Tea angora's recommended flavour of the month: Sencha Wild Grey.
Also recommended are the Japanese Cherry, Fomosa Lemon and the Earl Grey decaf.
What's with the green tea? It tastes good! Also, do your own research on its health benefits -- there are many (here's a starter).
- One-Cup-Filters to brew your coffee or loose leaf tea Good Idea for filtering out the bad cholesterol in the oils that make French press coffee taste better.
- Unibroue Brewery with wonderful, award-winning, beers located in Quebec. "Fin du Monde", "Maudite", etc. Beautiful labels too! Check out the reviews on epinions.com!
- Absinth Illegal in the US, sells for $$$ in Canada (due to high liquor content -- 70% alcohol/vol)
- Tequila Yay Cuervo!
Cosmetics & Drugstore:
- Cabo Wabo Los Cabos, Mexico Did somebody mention tequila?
- Viper Room 8852 Sunset Boulevard, LA
YAY! Had an excellent time here! With some exceptions.
- Key Club somewhere on Sunset Boulevard, LA -- you don't really need to know
YICK! I kept thinking they must be hiding the real club somewhere... I had better parties at home in my loft! And a better sound system. Sheesh! Packed with wannabees. Avoid avoid avoid!
- Silver Dollar Room TO Blues
You can catch some great blues musicians here
- Lee's Palace Bloor & Bathurst, TO
This place can be scary at first, but... You can really have a good time here, especially if you're there to see a good band. And if you don't like the band, you can always head upstairs to the Dance Cave.
The Good (recommended)
- Sono Japanese Y&E
- Mochizuki Sushi, excellent!
- Adega Restaurant: Elm St, downtown
Portugese, excellent and interesting food. Great place to book the wine cellar downstairs -- it has a great medieval feel to it. Staff are very accommodating! Reviews
(Toronto Life review)
- Corner House: Near Casa Loma
Nice service, good food, a bit too crowded at times, good place to book a room though for group events.
- Devil's Advocate: Bay St, downtown
Pub, excellent Perogies! (as opposed to Gretzky's!)
- Whitlock's Restaurant: 1961 Queen Street East.
I remember this address, because it is the same upside down. Mmmmmmmmmm... Good food! Great for brunch with friends in the area. Excellent spot for dinner!
- Spiga Ristorante Yonge St. south of St. Clair
Great house wine, wonderful Italian meals and service! See reviews.
- Wildfire Grille
I'm not going to tell you why I liked dining here. You will just have to find out for yourself. =;3
- Groundhog Pub Bloor St. East.
Upgraded review. Recent experiences have been good. Gotta love the website too!
Great garlic bread, spinach salad is greek style, don't get the veggie platter though... Hrmm, perhaps we've just been having martinis & munchies here, but they're definitely good. =:3
The Bad (approach with caution)
The Vehemently Ugly ( AVOID AVOID! )
- Tournesol: Near the Tarragon Theatre
No one loves you. What are you doing here? Waiter had very bad attitude. Both food and beverages arrived with bits of food floating in them that should not have been there. AVOID! Go to the Indian Rice Factory instead (next door)
- Bull & Firkin -- We had a VERY BAD experience here and management were not able to resolve the situation. This place is listed as haunted http://www.torontoghosts.org/ploughman.htm -- perhaps it is haunted by a former customer who has been treated badly?
- Cranberries Bar & Grille: We've now had a VERY VERY BAD experience here.
Cap Juluca Anguilla, WI
- Places to stay
Niagara-On-The-Lake is awarded the distinction of “The Prettiest Town in Canada”
- Vintage Inns Niagara-on-the-Lake - Inns & spas!
Home to two European spas, the Inns include: The Prince of Wales Hotel, the Pillar and Post, the Oban Inn, and Queen's Landing.
- John's Gate
- Places to eat:
- Last Resort Steak, Seafood & Italian 5645 Victoria Avenue
One day after arriving in the falls after a long day in traffic, my friends and I could not decide on a restaurant. Oddly enough, this is the aptly-named place that we landed. Good food and something for everyone.
Other Ontario locations:
If for some unfathomable reason, you'd like other opinions than my own, check these out:
Want to be added to my list? Send me free stuff and we'll talk.